The Magic Of Goal Setting
Darren Hardy of success magazine has interviewed hundreds of successful people and found that they all had one thing in common.
The ability to set big hairy audacious goals.....
Imagine a ship about to set sail from the harbor, it has a captain, a crew and the best of the best equipment but it has no destination.
Where do you think this ship will end up?
If you were to ask most people what they want from life, they have no idea. Most people just drift through life like a paper bag being blown in different directions.
The more time i have studied the new age way of thinking, the more i have come to realize that not only is it logical but it is also backed by science.
When you set goals you are actually activating part of your brain to help you notice the things that are in harmony with you goals.
Have you ever bought a new car and all of sudden you start to notice the exact car everywhere?
The million dollar question is, have these cars suddenly been mass produced, or have these cars always been there but you just never paid any attention to them because they were not important to you?
We are bombarded with so much information at any moment in time and we are only able to process a fraction of it.
Goal setting helps us focus on the things that are important to us.
Here are a few tips to help you make sure your goals are more than just a wish.
1. Set your goal in the present tense, if you set it in the future it will always be out of reach for you.
2. Make sure you have a deadline, this creates urgency and will motivate you to take action.
3. Write down your goals, i cant stress the importance of this step. Something magical happens when we put pen to paper.
4. Break down your goals into small manageable steps.
5. Do something every day that leads you in the direction of your dream, be consistent.
6. Read your goals out loud at least twice a day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
7. See yourself as already having achieved your goals and ACT as if you have already achieved your goals.
No comments yet