5 Things Tiredness Is Doing To Your Health
1 Weight Gain
When you are tired, the chemicals that signal to your brain that you are full are off balance. Are a result, you are more likely to eat more than your body needs. It also causes a reduction in metabolism which reduces your body’s ability to burn fat.
Studies have shown that tiredness and lack of sleep has a big effect on mood resulting in increasing stress, anger, sadness and mental exhaustion. People who are tired are more moody, emotional and quick tempered. Anyone with kids will have seen this first hand almost every night, you know when it is time for the kids to go to bed by their sudden change of mood!
When you are tired, your immune systems defence against viruses like the common cold and the flu is weakened leaving you more susceptible. You are more likely to get sick when you are exposed to germs that can cause illness.
Tiredness and lack of sleep can negatively impact both your short term and long term memory. Maybe that’s the cause of Mummy brain as most new Mum’s don’t get much sleep.
When we don’t get enough sleep, everyone says you look tired, turns out that poor sleep causes your skin to age faster. While you sleep, you build up all the molecules like collagen that prevents the skin from sagging. Lack of sleep also affects the level of the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn can lead to an outbreak of acne, eczema and more.
• Try to catch up on sleep
• Avoid too much caffeine and all energy drinks as they provide a temporary boost but also disrupt sleep patterns
• Avoid screen time 30 minutes before bed time, screens heighten brain activity, making it difficult to unwind and relax
• Find relaxing activities/techniques to reduce your stress and help you wind down eg. read a book, peaceful music, deep breathing
• Cut down on sugar and excessive carbohydrates as they cause a lack of energy, tiredness and increased stress
• Contact me for an affordable natural product to increase energy, improve health and reduce stress
No comments yet